Exeter Town Administration
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Exeter Town Administration

Exeter (Cornwall) Town Hall Meeting Rooms

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

[Orchard] Fruit export (ladders)~

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Pangea
Janitor
Pangea

Number of posts : 141
Emploi : Town Hall janitor
Registration date : 2007-02-05

[Orchard] Fruit export (ladders)~ Empty
PostSubject: [Orchard] Fruit export (ladders)~   [Orchard] Fruit export (ladders)~ Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2007 2:46 pm

The second idea of Zangi's, which overlaps one I had, is to promote the orchard and try to export fruit.

Now, he will expose his ideas, of course.

Here are a couple of mine:
~ I will purchase cheap ladders (from Barnstaple) either next week or the week after (large and small), so I'll try and determine how many (and if using a short ladder is useful or not?)
~ one idea I had, was for the City to see with father Varnifane to give out small ladders as miner's lottery prizes? (maybe one city gift a week?)
~ maybe seeing about helping people purchase ladders?
Back to top Go down
http://www.renaissancekingdoms.com/
Zangi
Janitor

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2007-02-16

PostSubject: Re: [Orchard] Fruit export (ladders)~   [Orchard] Fruit export (ladders)~ Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2007 3:08 pm

Hmm, the bank can easily loan to people for the use of ladders.

Small ladders are the poor man's ladders. Or the weak person's. It is not guaranteed that you will be able to get 2 fruit each time you go picking. And I have 25 Intelligence, which means I could search 10 times.

In that respect, The large ladder is a much better investment. Orchard picking is a very high paying job. In compare to taking jobs and the mine work.

Pangea, does the TH have autobuy for Fruit? If it does, for how much?

The bank and/or Exeter can 'loan' out a large ladder for each person. From the looks if it, they cost about 80-90 pounds. We loan the 50 pounds for the ladder which they must pay back.

We also must have a guarantee that their fruit will be bought. At say 9.50 - 10.20 pounds? I'm not sure what we want our fruit export price to be, yet. But, we can heavily undercut the county. And make better friends with our neigbhors.
Back to top Go down
Pangea
Janitor
Pangea

PostSubject: Re: [Orchard] Fruit export (ladders)~   [Orchard] Fruit export (ladders)~ Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2007 3:41 pm

Auto-purchase prices:
13 pounds for wheat bags
15 pounds for flour bags
30 pounds for hundredweights of cow
15 pounds for half-hundredweights of pig

Ladders
We can ladders for a lot less (70 to 75 for sure, probably around 68 or 69 pounds)
Back to top Go down
Seer

Seer

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2007-02-15

PostSubject: Re: [Orchard] Fruit export (ladders)~   [Orchard] Fruit export (ladders)~ Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2007 3:25 pm

Pangea,

a large ladder takes 3 days to make. So if the craftsman charges £20 a day then immediately the minimum charge is £60 not including the cost of 2 bushels of wood.

£67-68 is probably the cheapest unless you do a deal with one particular craftsman for all the ladders you require. They might then drop the wage content/day.

Perhaps you could decide how many we need and then call for expressions of interest/tenders Wink
Back to top Go down
Pangea
Janitor
Pangea

PostSubject: Re: [Orchard] Fruit export (ladders)~   [Orchard] Fruit export (ladders)~ Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2007 3:21 am

Zangi is making a deal with Barnstaple for several to start
Back to top Go down
Zangi
Janitor

PostSubject: Re: [Orchard] Fruit export (ladders)~   [Orchard] Fruit export (ladders)~ Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2007 4:33 pm

So, what is the TH's official price at buying fruit?

I'd say any number below 10,50. Fruit picking is very high wage.... Especially with a large ladder.

My best recommendation:

10,20 or lower. Which can be adjusted. as the TH sees fit.
Back to top Go down
Pangea
Janitor
Pangea

PostSubject: Re: [Orchard] Fruit export (ladders)~   [Orchard] Fruit export (ladders)~ Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2007 11:23 pm

I have been purchasing anything below 11 pounds, since it sells right away from TH market at 11... but none have been on sale for the past few days (all at 11 pounds or above)
Back to top Go down
Zangi
Janitor

PostSubject: Re: [Orchard] Fruit export (ladders)~   [Orchard] Fruit export (ladders)~ Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2007 2:53 am

Well, we have to get it organized. We are THE Western city of Fruit and hopefully will be the Meat Capital of England.

We can buy any fruit/vege at 10,45 and below, if you really want it to be like that. Fruit catching gives a really good daily wage to begin with....

We could keep fruit and stuff when on the TH Market at 11,05 pounds, traders and stuff will have to contact the TH to buy cheaper fruit in bulk.... And any particular person who buys the fruit at 11? Or particular sort of people? We arn't catering in the way of selling fruit to the county.

Actually, 10,50 can be a good bulk price. Any order less then 50 would be 10,70. Unless special preference be made for good deals in trade exchange.
I've talked to Barnstaple and Plymouth and they say 10,50 is really good. And we want to produce enough to sell alot each time anyways.
Back to top Go down
Pangea
Janitor
Pangea

PostSubject: Re: [Orchard] Fruit export (ladders)~   [Orchard] Fruit export (ladders)~ Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2007 10:07 am

Great!

The best would be to start a Fruit Project next week, and mail info' to all of Exeter, and put info' up in the Town Hall and Forum.

So, let us start working on a letter to explain this:
~ how to go pick in Orchard and how to move from tree to tree etc.
~ what Int and Str are needed for what
~ what ladders are a must
(I think the best is to say that it becomes interesting when you can pick 2 fruit, and only explain the above for Int and Str allowing to reach the 200% trees)

Zangi, do you wish to collate some of the info' you've already given, to give the basis of such a letter?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Orchard] Fruit export (ladders)~   [Orchard] Fruit export (ladders)~ Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Orchard] Fruit export (ladders)~
Page 1 of 1