Exeter Town Administration
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Exeter Town Administration

Exeter (Cornwall) Town Hall Meeting Rooms

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Being a Mayor

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
methos

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2007-02-05

Being a Mayor Empty
PostSubject: Being a Mayor   Being a Mayor Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2007 4:34 pm

To be filled later this evenbing. Sorry I am taking so long to get this going. I plan to explain all my strategies as Mayor, what all the buttons do, etc. You can feel free to do it however you like, but I thought that knowing how I have worked my 2 terms would be beneficial.
Back to top Go down
methos

Being a Mayor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Being a Mayor   Being a Mayor Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2007 9:35 pm

First thing is what all the buttons do. This will make more sense with the Mayoral panel you will see.

First, your office is in the Town Hall. The path is Town>>Town Hall>>Your Office. You will see a LOT of choices. Hopefully what I am writing will make it clear, and it will not overwhelm you.

Write the Mayor's Message

This gives you an edit box to change teh meassage of the town.

Change the prices

This changes the autobuy prices of things. Unfortunately, you cannot change the hides or meat prices. The meat is too low, the hides too high. I will show you how I generally avoid problems with hides later. Each price change makes it take 7 days to change that one again. The prices when you start are the ones I set.

Buy for the Town

When you click this, then the confirm button, you will be buying for the town, not yourself. You can veriify this by looking at the bottom of the market menu, and the town's money will be listed, not your own. When you are done, come back here, and now this link will say Buy for yourself. You click that, then confirm, and you are no longer using teh town's treasury. Strategies for this later.

Goods inventory

This is a list of the things the town has in ionventory. There will be links next to each thing similar to what you have in personal inventory.
  • Put on sale (same thing as personal inventory withe the exception that you can type in any prce you want, so be careful, also you can sell on teh County Fair).
  • Leave in the tavern (this puts the stock in the tavern, but does not managae it, more later on that).
  • Transfer to grant ###### (this puts it into a grant, if one is open, otherwise it si not there).

Purchase and Sale orders

This si the town's purchase and sale orders. You can cancel them here, when needed.

Resign

This is to resign. Don't worry, though, it does have a confirm button, so if you accidentally click it, just don't confirm the resignation.

Manage the militia

Here, you set how many militia you want for today, tomorrow, and the next day., as well as the amount you are paying them. It has to be an integer (like14, 15, 16, or 17 pounds).

Statistics

Here, you will see something similar to this.
Quote :
Number of players, level 0 : 174
Number of players, level 1 : 27
Number of players, level 2 : 4
Number of players, level 3 : 4

Number of wheat fields: 3
Number of corn fields: 6
Number of vegetable gardens: 2

Number of cow ranches: 1
Number of sheep ranches: 2
Number of pig ranches: 3

Number of cows: 0
Number of sheep: 1
Number of pigs: 5

Number of millers: 0
Number of bakers: 1
Number of butchers: 2
Number of blacksmiths: 0
Number of carpenters: 0
Number of weavers: 0

Municipal taxes

This is where you can levy taxes on your citizens. Except in the strangest of circumstances, a good Mayor never levies taxes, in my opinion.

Dashboard

THis is a quick view of how your town is doing financially. It also llists the names of the people that buy from you, the names of people you sell to, and even the nnames of those that take the town militia jobs.

Send a mail to the inhabitants

This does exactly what it says it does. However, it costs one communication point (more on that later).

Manage the Ranch Keeping

This is an option that tends to people's livestock while they are in retreat. I know of no town in England that has it because it costs the town 200 pounds a week. That is a hefty price.

Manage the civil servants and the Town Hall administration

This is where you can view how many points in each category the town has (this will be illustrated in soon, keep reading). You can also hire civil servants here. I suggest that you contact soemone and find out what they charge prior to offering teh job (they charge a lot). You cannot cancel these jobs.

File a lawsuit

This is where you enforce teh town regulations (of which, Exeter currently has none). This costs a Justice point, so if someone breaks a couynty law, do not use this. Send the case to the Public Prosecutor, he can file these at no cost.

Grant management

Here is where you create grants. This can be confusing, so I shall list the steps to creating a grant. You can only grant someone that is currently in town, and they have to be in town to cancel it (give it back to the town).
1. Click Grant management, enter the amount of cash to be in teh grant, and the instructions for the user of the grant (these cannot be changed, so plan ahead!)
2. Hit back twice to get to your office menu. Click Goods inventory, and transsfer any goods into the grant you would like to do so.
3. Hit back to the Your office menu, click Grant Management again.
4. Click See next to teh grant you have been working on.
5. Type in the recipient's name (double check it) and hit grant.
You can cancel a grant at any time during these steps (prior to handing it to someone) by clicking Town>>Your Office>>Grant Management>>See>>Cancel.
You cannot force someone to give a grant back. However, it is covered under County Law if they don't (don't remember the lawjust now).

Other parameters

This one des the exact same thing as file a lawsuit. No idea why there are two.

Work in your office (20 pounds)

This costs the town 20 pounds, and I do nto suggest using it.

That is the basics, more to come.

Last edited by on Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:15 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
methos

Being a Mayor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Being a Mayor   Being a Mayor Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2007 9:45 pm

State Points

Points in Government--No idea what this does, sorry. Neither of the twons I have been mayor of have ever had need for them.

Points in finance--I know you need 5 of these to levy taxes, but I have been told that it uses only one of them to actulally levy the taxes. Regardless, if you don't tax, you don't need these.

Points in Justice--For every court case you try, you lose one of there.

Points in Communication--Every mass mailing costs you one of these.

Points in Trading--This is the important one. Every time you sell things on the town market or county fair, you use partial points of these. You need to watch these closely, and when they get down to 5, make sure you have someone ready to work as a civil servant. Possible civil servants in Exeter are Chinahero and Cassandra (thoughI do not know if she can provide this or nto yet, but she will be able to).

Points cannot be added. That means if you have 3 points in trading, and youhire someone to do 10 points in trading, you will have 10 when all is said and done. These people charge 30-50 pounds to do this, too.So you want to be frugal about it.
Back to top Go down
methos

Being a Mayor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Being a Mayor   Being a Mayor Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2007 9:57 pm

Managing the Town Tavern

For the most part, I would assume this to be the same as managing any other tavern. Name your foods, set your prices.

My philosophy to the town tavern.
1. Beer for 0.85 pounds. This way the other tavernowners can outbid you at 0.80, and have a chance at making a profit.
2. The buy a meal at the town tavern link at the top of the tavern page is buggy. It takes away over 9 pounds from the town when it is used. To combat this, put fruit (or something else) as the first meal in the tavern. This will increase the cost of the link and discourage people from using it, all the while the town is not losing money. Put bread in teh second slot for 6.50. That gives your bakers the chance to sell for less, and even the other tavernowners ot sell for the same price or less if they like.
3. Check it daily to make sure it is stocked.
Back to top Go down
methos

Being a Mayor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Being a Mayor   Being a Mayor Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2007 10:09 pm

How to make money for the town

Just buy low-priced goods, and resell them for 0.15 to 0.40 higher, depending on what it is. The citizans will help you with this by using teh autobuy.

Also, some unscrupulous folks will saddle you with things you don't want. You cannot turn the autobuy off, so the best thing to do is put most of your money into a grant, but do not send it out. This way, only the money you don't purt in the grant will be available for autobuy (that is mostly true, the autobuy system can take you into negatives, but that is another story).You will have to cancel that grant to use the money, or do grant lock (see below), but it is safer.

The town needs to build up emergency supplies and money. The most money you can grant is 999 pounds. Exeter will soon have this much money and more. What you need is a trusted soul that does not currently have a grant to hold it for you. You grant him or her the 999 pounds, and they do absolutely nothing with it, but cancel it back to you if you need it. You can even build supergrants, by granting someone the 999 and goods, and that person sells the goods back to the town at the highest prices possible. The money goes from teh town into the town's grant, creating an even bigger reserve of cash.
Back to top Go down
methos

Being a Mayor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Being a Mayor   Being a Mayor Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2007 10:10 pm

This is from Anto, not me.

You can grant-lock your TH treasury for 2 reasons:
1:To protect your treasury from revolt
2:To stop auto-buys

Step 1:
Find 2 people you have absolute trust in, that live in your town, and are ready to accept some responsibility and help your town (better not pick someone who is drunk all the time).

Step 2:
Make the Grant for all of the TH treasury, leaving TH with 1 pound. Go to your home, and auto-sell 1 item to the town to make the treasury negative.
*If you are only trying to stop auto-buys, then go to step 3 now.

Cancel any sales on County fair and TH market, wait for ALL items to appear in 'goods inventory' (don't forget the good you auto-sold to TH moments ago).
Add all goods in inventory to the grant, until 'goods inventory' is empty, and 'purchase and sales orders' is also empty.

Step 3:
Give someone you have selected and notified previously the grant. Write instruction in the grant to 'return to lawful mayor when asked' or something similar.

Step 4:
Have the grantee cancel the grant when you want them to, and repeat process daily, if necessary.

**I use this system to protect treasury from any revolt. Whoever I grant simply cancels the grant right after reset every night. It is a good idea to find people you know on msn, and are reliable, you don't want all your stuff locked up with someone that goes into retreat!

**You can still hire militia with a negative treasury.

**Leased axes cannot be granted and leased at the same time (wood towns).

**Max money per grant is 999,99 pounds.
Back to top Go down
Pangea
Janitor
Pangea

Number of posts : 141
Emploi : Town Hall janitor

Being a Mayor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Being a Mayor   Being a Mayor Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2007 12:45 am

I will read all this, and the How to Make Money for TH, in detail.
I spoke with Anto about how to run the Municipal Tavern and the 1st menu.
And I followed Bellos' Mayor Training thread in Chard.
So those help too...
Back to top Go down
http://www.renaissancekingdoms.com/
methos

Being a Mayor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Being a Mayor   Being a Mayor Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2007 5:24 pm

You can run the TH however you choose, I am just trying to help.

I am currently using Zangi to grant lock (which I am about to do).
Back to top Go down
methos

Being a Mayor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Being a Mayor   Being a Mayor Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2007 5:43 pm

Ending Inventory:

940.75 pounds

Goods:

26 bread loaves
18 wheat bags
7 flour bags
3 balls of wool
1 hide
5 small ladders
3 large ladders
5 buckets
7 knives

I tried to start to build up a stockpile for emergencies, but I leave it to you what you think is best. The town starte with very little ( aout 100 poundfs in goods). I am very satisfied at this result.
Back to top Go down
Zangi
Janitor

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2007-02-16

Being a Mayor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Being a Mayor   Being a Mayor Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2007 8:40 pm

Money 940,00 pounds

Contract:
Safekeeping. Return to Mayor Pangea after reset.

Inventory of the goods:

26 bread loaves - Sell
18 wheat bags - Sell
7 flour bags - Sell
3 balls of wool - Sell
1 hide - Sell
5 small ladders - Sell
3 large ladders - Sell
5 buckets - Sell
7 knives - Sell

Released Grant. Razz
Back to top Go down
Darrellmeaney

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2007-02-23

Being a Mayor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Being a Mayor   Being a Mayor Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2007 12:33 pm

/

Last edited by Darrellmeaney on Sun Sep 11, 2022 4:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pangea
Janitor
Pangea

Number of posts : 141
Emploi : Town Hall janitor

Being a Mayor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Being a Mayor   Being a Mayor Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2007 12:05 am

Congratulations to Zangi!
Bravo...
And I hope you'll have fun, and Exeter thrive!

(I have made you Moderator of everything, so you should be able to change whatever you want around. Please PM me IG if you need something... I should be leaving Exeter for the sea side in a couple days! Will give fishing a try, and take a look at the famed British Channel!)
Back to top Go down
http://www.renaissancekingdoms.com/
Zangi
Janitor

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2007-02-16

Being a Mayor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Being a Mayor   Being a Mayor Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2007 2:04 am

Ah, figured as much with the tell-tale signs. Good luck wherever you find yourself.

~~~~~~~~~~~

On a more important note, how do I mess with the tavern to begin with? I'm quite lost at that...
Back to top Go down
methos

Being a Mayor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Being a Mayor   Being a Mayor Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2007 11:01 am

Good luck, Pangea. Thank you for the service to our town.
Back to top Go down
Seer

Seer

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2007-02-15

Being a Mayor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Being a Mayor   Being a Mayor Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2007 4:10 pm

Good luck Pangea. I've enjoyed working for you.

Congratulations Zangi ... be gentle with the new broom please Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Being a Mayor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Being a Mayor   Being a Mayor Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Being a Mayor
Page 1 of 1