Exeter Town Administration
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Exeter Town Administration

Exeter (Cornwall) Town Hall Meeting Rooms

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

[RP] Battle of Exeter

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Pangea
Janitor
Pangea

Number of posts : 141
Emploi : Town Hall janitor
Registration date : 2007-02-05

[RP] Battle of Exeter Empty
PostSubject: [RP] Battle of Exeter   [RP] Battle of Exeter Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2007 8:54 am

I am going to make a double-post (to avoid a big 'quote') to show the 'rules/presentation' of and RP game I wish to try and get underway.
It is being looked at by the RK Forum's 'RP Guild', the CRG forum, and sent to Dark Devil.
But, please tell me any remarks you might have.
Back to top Go down
http://www.renaissancekingdoms.com/
Pangea
Janitor
Pangea

PostSubject: Re: [RP] Battle of Exeter   [RP] Battle of Exeter Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2007 8:55 am

The Battle for Exeter!
RP game ~ a surprise WoS attack on Cornwall’s capital

I will probably be mayor of Exeter in a few days (being the only candidate), and I am a member of the Cornwall Redcoat Guards. So, in order to try to get new Exeter become a bit more lively (namely it’s Militia), and bring some action to the CRG, I talked with Dark Devil of the Wolves of Sherwood (having met him in tavern) who accepted to take part in an RP battle.
Thus, I will soon launch the thread hereunder.

Outline
~ The storyline will start with Dark Devil and his Wolves infiltrating Exeter and launching a surprise attack, which will be countered by the town Militia (if any);
~ Following this, the town citizens will react, along with the CRG members stationed in Cornwall’s capital… while other Redcoat Guards are mustered (to come to Exeter and/or block the roadways);
~ And we shall see where things go from there…

Leaders
~ I (Pangea) will start as leader of the town/CRG team (but can hand this over to a CRG commanding officer);
~ Dark Devil will be the leader of the WoS team;
~ team leader role is explained hereunder in the ‘Rules’.

Rules
~ Most important rule, the onlycrucial one: please try to work with and for the story (it will be one long thread, I imagine, and easily be cluttered and/or pulled off track);
~ Each person should try to post only once per day (between Resets). I say ‘try’, because if you post very early on (soon after Reset), and many actions take place, you can of course add to your actions later;
~ try to describe actions without getting dragged into long discussions (that can be taken elsewhere);
~ at the end of every day (as close to just after Reset as possible), the ‘leaders’ will write a short recap of their teams’ actions of the day and where things will be headed for them in the day to come;
~ the outcome of all combats will be resolved there too, in those ‘team recaps’.

Combat Rules
~ I will calculate all fights using the RK rules for Strength Points, type of attack (to subdue or kill), being in a Group or not, and I will count Weapons and Shields as being active;
~ I will use a random % generator to determine the outcome (if people get paranoid, I can even have the results sent to various emails at the time of rolling, for verification).

Presentation
~ each person must post his or her weapons and Strength points;
~ these need not be your true IG stats’ (for secrecy reasons for the CRG and WoS);
~ write a short presentation of your character if you wish (though the weapons will be calculated based on Staff, Sword, and Shield, you can RP having different ones if you wish, ie. dagger, mace, garbage-can lid…);
~ state which ‘team’ you are on.

Identities
~ the members of the WoS can use a masked forum identity (as per forum rules). This shall be supervised by Dark Devil (who will simply confirm all the members of ‘his team’).

No Personal Armies
~ each person can only play him or herself. One cannot lead a whole group of armed people. I will accept RP varlets or such, but they will NOT have any influence on the fighting, or real impact on the storyline.

Example
Here is how I might post my presentation (first paragraph) and daily action (second paragraph), the following day’s actions not needing the presentation.
Quote :
Pangea (Exeter team) – CRG recruit stationed in her home town of Exeter – no Strength bonus or weapons
Awoken at dawn by the sound of fighting, Pangea was as surprised as everyone else by the sudden Wolf attack upon the Town Hall! Slipping her clothes on, and wondering if a kitchen knife could be used in a fight, she ran out into the street to try and assess the situation, and see where the Exeter Redcoats were regrouping.
Then, after the following Reset, the ‘Exeter team’ would include the following piece of information:
Quote :
Creation of a CRG group made up of: Pangea, etc., etc.

Help
~ this thread could suffer from a lack of interest (easy to solve: kill it!);
~ or it could suffer from too many posts (people getting lost as to who is doing what), in which case I could maybe create an off-site RPG Forum (I play in and have game-mastered such);
~ so, again, please help me try and keep this ‘in topic’ by sending your OOC remarks by PM (IG or via forum); by not flaming people (conduct that by personal PM), in character taunting is of course acceptable!;
~ it is an RP thread – so try and play in character – aimed at having fun: so let all interested people chip in to get it to work as such!

Though based on RK rules, and including RK characters from the WoS, CRG and Cornwall, there will be NO IN GAME RESULTS. It is a pure RP game, that can go any which way.

Please PM me your ideas and remarks.
Back to top Go down
Zangi
Janitor

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2007-02-16

PostSubject: Re: [RP] Battle of Exeter   [RP] Battle of Exeter Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2007 4:30 pm

Oh, nice. I'd take part in this.

I like the 1 post per 'day' thing.

But, I will withdraw if the RP gets too messy. IE: Too much OOC talk or too much confusion.[/url]
Back to top Go down
Pangea
Janitor
Pangea

PostSubject: Re: [RP] Battle of Exeter   [RP] Battle of Exeter Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2007 1:17 am

I am with you on that, which is why I mention 'closing' it if it goes that way.
Back to top Go down
Zangi
Janitor

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2007-02-16

PostSubject: Re: [RP] Battle of Exeter   [RP] Battle of Exeter Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2007 6:50 am

One suggestion, have a seperate thread for all the OOC talk and OOC questions.
Back to top Go down
Pangea
Janitor
Pangea

PostSubject: Re: [RP] Battle of Exeter   [RP] Battle of Exeter Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2007 12:29 pm

OK ))
I was afraid to clutter up the Hall, but that's a good idea
I will contact the Mod before starting, and ask about that, once the rules are sorted out
Back to top Go down
methos

Number of posts : 58

PostSubject: Re: [RP] Battle of Exeter   [RP] Battle of Exeter Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2007 4:26 pm

This is a fabulous idea Pangea, you are doping fantastic!
Back to top Go down
Pangea
Janitor
Pangea

PostSubject: Re: [RP] Battle of Exeter   [RP] Battle of Exeter Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2007 12:42 am

Blushes!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [RP] Battle of Exeter   [RP] Battle of Exeter Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[RP] Battle of Exeter
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Exeter Town Administration :: Parlor :: Lounge-
Jump to: