Exeter Town Administration
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Exeter Town Administration

Exeter (Cornwall) Town Hall Meeting Rooms

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Newcomer letter

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
methos

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2007-02-05

Newcomer letter Empty
PostSubject: Newcomer letter   Newcomer letter Icon_minitimeSun Feb 11, 2007 2:52 pm

Newcomer letter I have been sending. It could probably be better:
Quote :
Welcome to Exeter,
I just want to welcome you to Exeter, Capital of Cornwall, and offer a few helpful hints. The capital is new, and as such, does not yet have all the amenities. But with your help, we can make this town strong. Your main goal right now is to achieve level 1. The requirements are 5 reputation points (RP) and 90 pounds.

1. Reputation points. You need 5 points, 3 from trust given by fellow citizens and 2 from working in the church. Just ask for trust, many are willing to give. You can give away 2 per week, Sunday to Saturday. Don’t give trust to me, I have enough of it. Trade it with your fellow citizens. You can ask in the taverns or at Exeter’s forum, once it is created (soon, I am told).

2. Food. You start with 2 bread in your inventory. Home > your inv. Eat these the first 2 days and buy from town market or have a meal in the taverns, whichever is less expensive. Save your money, do not buy anything else, it is too expensive. Wait until level 1 is achieved. You need to eat everyday.

3. Work. Work everyday. Eventually, the town hall(TH) will have job offers and militia. For now, the best option is the stone mine. Duchy>Work>Click on the picture of the stone mine (not the gold mine). Note this job pays you 8.5 pounds now, and the other 8.5 on Sunday. There is also the orchard, but that will probably not be as profitable as the stone mine until you have some stats (and you won’t be getting those until level one). If the stone mine is full, there is the gold mine (but is only 7.5 and 7.5). There will now also be four militia jobs daily. (only 14 pounds, but all paid each day). There will also soon be jobs in the Job Announcements in the Town Hall.

4. Register in the forums. Exeter does not yet have its own forum, but will soon. For now, post in Cornwall Inn. Cornwall is the county where you live.

5. Taverns are the chatrooms where you meet your fellow citizens. They are all willing to help . Ask them any questions and ask them for trust.

6. Level 1. After you have the 5 RP and the 90lbs. got to duchy > castle > county first secretary. ask to go to level 1 pick a field and after reset you will have a field and be level 1. As Exeter is still very new, there are no fields, so we will need them all. My suggestion to start with is corn or wheat.

If you have any questions, just ask.

Your humble servant,
Methos
Back to top Go down
methos

Newcomer letter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newcomer letter   Newcomer letter Icon_minitimeSun Feb 11, 2007 2:53 pm

Quote :
Welcome to Exeter,
I just want to welcome you to Exeter, Capital of Cornwall, and offer a few helpful hints. The capital is new, and as such, does not yet have all the amenities. But with your help, we can make this town strong. Your main goal right now is to achieve level 1. The requirements are 5 reputation points (RP) and 90 pounds.

1. Reputation points. You need 5 points, 3 from trust given by fellow citizens and 2 from working in the church. Just ask for trust, many are willing to give. You can give away 2 per week, Sunday to Saturday. Don’t give trust to me, I have enough of it. Trade it with your fellow citizens. You can ask in the taverns or at Exeter’s forum, once it is created (soon, I am told).

2. Food. You start with 2 bread in your inventory. Home > your inv. Eat these the first 2 days and buy from town market or have a meal in the taverns, whichever is less expensive. Save your money, do not buy anything else, it is too expensive. Wait until level 1 is achieved. You need to eat everyday.

3. Work. Work everyday. Eventually, the town hall(TH) will have job offers and militia. For now, the best option is the stone mine. Duchy>Work>Click on the picture of the stone mine (not the gold mine). Note this job pays you 8.5 pounds now, and the other 8.5 on Sunday. There is also the orchard, but that will probably not be as profitable as the stone mine until you have some stats (and you won’t be getting those until level one). If the stone mine is full, there is the gold mine (but is only 7.5 and 7.5). There will now also be four militia jobs daily. (only 14 pounds, but all paid each day). There will also soon be jobs in the Job Announcements in the Town Hall.

4. Register in the forums. Exeter does not yet have its own forum, but will soon. For now, post in Cornwall Inn. Cornwall is the county where you live.

5. Taverns are the chatrooms where you meet your fellow citizens. They are all willing to help . Ask them any questions and ask them for trust.

6. Level 1. After you have the 5 RP and the 90lbs. got to duchy > castle > county first secretary. ask to go to level 1 pick a field and after reset you will have a field and be level 1. As Exeter is still very new, there are no fields, so we will need them all. My suggestion to start with is corn or wheat.

If you have any questions, just ask.

Your humble servant,
Methos
Back to top Go down
Darrellmeaney

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2007-02-23

Newcomer letter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newcomer letter   Newcomer letter Icon_minitimeSat Feb 24, 2007 8:56 am

/

Last edited by Darrellmeaney on Sun Sep 11, 2022 4:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
methos

Newcomer letter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newcomer letter   Newcomer letter Icon_minitimeSat Feb 24, 2007 9:52 am

Can you read my post above?

See the next post.

Last edited by on Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
methos

Newcomer letter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newcomer letter   Newcomer letter Icon_minitimeSat Feb 24, 2007 9:52 am

So you have arrived at Level 1.
Congratulations! Just a few hints to help you out as you start on this new
journey.

1. When your sowing your field for the first time or
slaughtering your first animal always remember to keep either a bag of wheat or
corn...depending on your field or a knife in your property inventory, not your
personal inventory. Vegetable fields don't require anything they automatically
sow them selves. To find your field go to Home and select home again from the
resulting list. Then it is in the top
right corner.

2. As tempting as it might be to work your farm yourself
it is always better to hire the work out. This creates jobs for everyone and
when you get your stats up it allows you to make more money working for someone
else. The second reason to hire out your fields is that it helps you to
accumulate those ever so important reputation points.

3. Your stat points. The better your stats, the better the jobs
you can get. You need 20 in every stat
to go to level two. Meat and fish feed
you for the day (just like bread), but meat gives you +2 strength, and fish
gives you +2 intelligence. Milk,
vegetables, and fruit are half of what you need to eat for the day (like corn),
but milk gives you +1 intelligence, and fruits/veggies give you +1 charisma.

4. The
orchard. You need to build up your
strength and intelligence a little to make good use of the orchard. The guide is here: http://forum.renaissancekingdoms.com/viewtopic.php?t=29652 It is a lucrative business once you have some
stats.

5 Always remember to stay current at
least with your town hall forum and be as active as possible on them.

6. Visit the taverns when you’re on; as you can be working
in game and still spend time at the taverns. Interacting with other players
makes the game more enjoyable and they may have helpful advice for you and you
maybe able to help someone else out.

6. When hiring for a job be aware of the minimum wage
which is 14 pounds as the game will allow you to hire at 12 pounds if you don't
adjust the wage when hiring. The minimum wage law is enforced.

7. If you need further assistance please contact one of
the following: Methos, Syounger, or
Pangea.
Back to top Go down
Darrellmeaney

Newcomer letter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newcomer letter   Newcomer letter Icon_minitimeSat Feb 24, 2007 9:56 am

/

Last edited by Darrellmeaney on Sun Sep 11, 2022 4:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pangea
Janitor
Pangea

Number of posts : 141
Emploi : Town Hall janitor

Newcomer letter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newcomer letter   Newcomer letter Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2007 5:03 am

Darrell,
Would you be interested in being the official Minister of Newcomers in the Town Administration, if I am elected as next Mayor?
Back to top Go down
http://www.renaissancekingdoms.com/
Darrellmeaney

Newcomer letter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newcomer letter   Newcomer letter Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2007 9:39 am

/

Back to top Go down
Pangea
Janitor
Pangea

Newcomer letter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newcomer letter   Newcomer letter Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2007 2:31 pm

So, Darrell Meaney, you are now appointed the official Minister of Newcomers for the Town of Exeter!
Thank you for your help.

My idea, was for you to see if you've a letter ready, and to see about sending it to all lvl 0's, and then to track the names of the new arrivals and keep them updated?
Do you think you can handle that, and/or which parts?
- drafting the letter based on the above
- sending to all current lvl 0's (or half?)
- following up on the new lvl 0's arriving every day to write to them
Back to top Go down
Darrellmeaney

Newcomer letter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newcomer letter   Newcomer letter Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2007 1:43 am

/

Back to top Go down
Darrellmeaney

Newcomer letter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newcomer letter   Newcomer letter Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2007 1:58 am

/

Last edited by Darrellmeaney on Sun Sep 11, 2022 4:26 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Pangea
Janitor
Pangea

Newcomer letter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newcomer letter   Newcomer letter Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2007 2:31 am

Thanks, Darrell!
So, my 2 cents worth of remarks on your cool job are:

[1. Reputation points]
Put the url to the Trust Fund (on forum)?

[2. Food ]
your "Eat these the first 2 days and buy from town market"
could be "Eat these the first 2 days or buy from town market" (not in Bold though, just there to show the possible change)

[3. Work]

* About: "Work everyday. Eventually, the town hall(TH) will have job offers and militia. "
I would think it might be modified a bit, along the lines of: "Work everyday. The town hall(TH) will have militia jobs and eventually more job offers"

* The stone mine is 15.75 now, so the figures would be: "this job pays you 8.88 pounds now, and the other 8.88 on Sunday."

* About "There is also the orchard, but that will probably not be as profitable as the stone mine until you have some stats (and you won’t be getting those until level one)."
I think we should be a bit more 'harsh', telling them to forget the Orchard until lvl 1 (to get 2 fruit you need 20 Str. and Large ladder, and handling the carryover % and selling / buying is complex, so, most will not figure it out, and those who will can manage on their own I'm sure).

* About: "There will also soon be jobs in the Job Announcements in the Town Hall." Maybe put 'more' in: "soon be more jobs" (since we do have a few a day, so the people should look)

[4.]
(typo on 'valuable')
Put the link to the Exeter Grand Hall in ?

[6.]
Re. 'My suggestion to start with is corn or wheat.'
We should decide on that, regarding the corn or pig farm thread (Zangi's idea to promote Exeter as Pig/Meat town).

[7.]
Ooh! xD

[8.]
Typos on 'currently' and 'aren't'.

[9.]
Typo on 'basically'.

[Your most humble servant and friend
[Darrellmeaney]
That is sure true!
THANKS a lot )))
Very complete and easy to follow
Back to top Go down
Darrellmeaney

Newcomer letter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newcomer letter   Newcomer letter Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2007 2:34 am

/

Last edited by Darrellmeaney on Sun Sep 11, 2022 4:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Zangi
Janitor

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2007-02-16

Newcomer letter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newcomer letter   Newcomer letter Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2007 6:01 am

Hmm... at the least, not promote wheat? Corn is fine.

And tell them that it isn't a good idea to get vegetable. Since it won't pay very well in this town.

And a guide for Pig Farms and Corn Farms probably needs to be posted. I'll go and find it for you later. Or you can yourself.
Back to top Go down
Pangea
Janitor
Pangea

Newcomer letter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newcomer letter   Newcomer letter Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2007 6:44 am

Thanks a lot Darrell (I think the dead are a waste of time too...)!
Back to top Go down
Zangi
Janitor

Newcomer letter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newcomer letter   Newcomer letter Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2007 3:26 pm

I'll make your job easier Darrel. I'll purchase one of the 'Mass Message' Things from the town hall for you to use for new people in Exeter. Redeemable whenever. I just have to pay the Town for it.

Pangea, how much is it? 20-30 pounds? Final decision is yours.

And could you set up the transaction? I'll buy it up when I get to it.
Back to top Go down
Pangea
Janitor
Pangea

Newcomer letter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newcomer letter   Newcomer letter Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2007 5:11 pm

If Darrel tires (and there are too many non-dead) the Town Hall will send the 'Mass Message' without you paying, Zangi.
Back to top Go down
Darrellmeaney

Newcomer letter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newcomer letter   Newcomer letter Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2007 2:09 am

/

Last edited by Darrellmeaney on Sun Sep 11, 2022 4:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pangea
Janitor
Pangea

Newcomer letter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newcomer letter   Newcomer letter Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2007 2:55 am

Darrell,
How many have you contacted so far?
A lot more to do?

I have been sending letters to all lvls 1 through 3.

(also, a group letter would mean sending newcomer info to higher lvls... and/or higher lvl requests etc. to all lvl 0's)
Back to top Go down
Darrellmeaney

Newcomer letter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newcomer letter   Newcomer letter Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2007 4:10 am

/

Back to top Go down
Zangi
Janitor

Newcomer letter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newcomer letter   Newcomer letter Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2007 5:43 am

It takes a few days to come back from dying. A bread/meal a day will have him/her back from that in about 4 or 5 days.
Back to top Go down
Darrellmeaney

Newcomer letter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newcomer letter   Newcomer letter Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2007 6:05 am

/

Back to top Go down
Pangea
Janitor
Pangea

Newcomer letter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newcomer letter   Newcomer letter Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2007 6:17 am

Tell them that if they give 100 pounds to Exeter, we will find them a partner for life!

Marriage is RP, in the Forum
Back to top Go down
Darrellmeaney

Newcomer letter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newcomer letter   Newcomer letter Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2007 6:26 am

/

Last edited by Darrellmeaney on Sun Sep 11, 2022 4:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pangea
Janitor
Pangea

Newcomer letter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newcomer letter   Newcomer letter Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2007 10:11 am

So, married Darrell... how goes the life?!

Next week we will be sending out a Mass Letter to all of Exeter.

I wanted you to make sure you did not have changes to make to your letter, or anything new you wanted to put in it, so I can add it to the posting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Newcomer letter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newcomer letter   Newcomer letter Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Newcomer letter
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next