Exeter Town Administration
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Exeter Town Administration

Exeter (Cornwall) Town Hall Meeting Rooms

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Possible Sources of Income for Town Hall

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Zangi
Janitor

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2007-02-16

Possible Sources of Income for Town Hall Empty
PostSubject: Possible Sources of Income for Town Hall   Possible Sources of Income for Town Hall Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2007 8:52 pm

1: Import wood at 3.95 Pounds or lower from Barnstaple/Launceston or Traders. Sell at 4 Pounds.
2: Import Fish at 17.70 Pounds or lower from Plymouth/Dartmouth/Fowey or Traders. Sell at 17.85 Pounds.
3. Heavily demote Cow and Vegetable Fields. As a city with limited fields and an orchard, we do not need them.
4. Heavily demote Wheat Fields. These can be easily imported. Out there, we have a surplus. Wheat is only used by Millers and we do not have one.
We can Import Wheat from any other Cornwall town at 13.10 Pounds or lower. Sell at 13.25 Pounds.
5. Heavily demote Sheep Fields. Hides, we do not need. Wool can be imported.
We can Import Wool from any other Cornwall town at 12.10 Pounds or lower. Sell at 12.30 Pounds.
6. Heavily promote Pig Fields. Butcher Capital of England. With a surplus of Corn outside, we can fill in the void of what our own Corn Fields don't provide.
Have our meat and HHW of Pigs Exported.
Buy our own HHW of Pigs @ 15.20 Pounds or lower and Export @ 15.35 Pounds to others.
Buy our own Meat @ 17.70 Pounds or lower and Export @ 17.85 Pounds.
7: Import Corn at 3.35 Pounds or lower and sold at 3.35 Pounds.
8: Export Fruits/Vegetables. Exeter is an Orchard, we have the monopoly to export this stuff while our citizens still get paid good. Buy our own Fruits/Vegetables @ 10.50 Pounds and Export @ 10.75 Pounds.
9: Export of all other Workshop goods. I don't know what we will buy and sell them as yet. But yea, the Capital will be all about workshops. (Or at least designed to be.)

10: Selling 'Mass Mail to Exeter'. We'd take advertisements, announcements, events, and other things. Sell at 20-30 Pounds.
Exeter will not endorse criminal organizations, as determined by the Exeter Mayor/TA.
Messages with profanity will be rejected.
Messages which demean or humiliate another person will be rejected, as determined by the Exeter Mayor/TA.

Basically, we are competing against the County....

Discuss here. Suggestions and stuff welcome. All prices subject to change.
Back to top Go down
Zangi
Janitor

PostSubject: Re: Possible Sources of Income for Town Hall   Possible Sources of Income for Town Hall Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2007 6:13 pm

Pangea, do you have any opinions on this?

Or anyone else?

Any one of those that can be adopted?
Back to top Go down
Pangea
Janitor
Pangea

Number of posts : 141
Emploi : Town Hall janitor
Registration date : 2007-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Possible Sources of Income for Town Hall   Possible Sources of Income for Town Hall Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2007 12:09 am

Sorry, I had not yet answered since I only read it once, hoping to get around to it again soon, once I am used to all the Office commands and have the basics down.

[1: Import wood at 3.95 Pounds or lower from Barnstaple/Launceston or Traders. Sell at 4 Pounds.]
Fine idea. BS can sell some, not much though, so do you want to contact Launceston, Zangi?
[2: Import Fish at 17.70 Pounds or lower from Plymouth/Dartmouth/Fowey or Traders. Sell at 17.85 Pounds.]
Good idea. I would wait a bit on that, since the fish is not moving that much yet.
[3. Heavily demote Cow and Vegetable Fields (...) Wheat Fields (...) Sheep Fields]
I would not start by 'demoting' (if, by that you mean putting taxes up or telling people not to)
[6. Heavily promote Pig Fields, With a surplus of Corn outside, we can fill in the void of what our own Corn Fields don't provide.]
I think that's a good idea too. Can you check about Corn import prices (if any around 3.20 or 3.25)?
[8: Export Fruits/Vegetables. Exeter is an Orchard,]
I will try to get a Ladder-program up next week, to have people going to the orchard. Even at 10 pounds purchase, it soon can be a 20 pound per day job (and, even if we have vegetables produced, it will drive their price down, I imagine).
[9: Export of all other Workshop goods.]
Yes... but that will take some time.
[10: Selling 'Mass Mail to Exeter'.]
Very good idea! Elections coming up (I'll try to promote that tonight or tomorrow)

Thanks for the ideas and help!
Back to top Go down
http://www.renaissancekingdoms.com/
Lustra-

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2007-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Possible Sources of Income for Town Hall   Possible Sources of Income for Town Hall Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2007 3:59 am

you can buy wood cheaper in most wood producing towns 3.50.-3.80
fish buy at 17-18 pounds sell at 18.50-19 pounds
i agree with importing wheat as every town as to much
i think exeter should produce its own corn
Back to top Go down
Zangi
Janitor

PostSubject: Re: Possible Sources of Income for Town Hall   Possible Sources of Income for Town Hall Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2007 5:51 am

Yea, wheat is definitly not needed.

Corn I was hesitant on cutting that also, since pigs require a lot of corn. So I didn't mention it.
And I'd rather not have a corn crisis on our hands if something happens to a trader with a heavy corn shipment. Or a big delay happens or a town can't/stops sending us the stuff.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Possible Sources of Income for Town Hall   Possible Sources of Income for Town Hall Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Possible Sources of Income for Town Hall
Page 1 of 1